Broken Land Campaign
Ken's lunchtime campaign, in the same time period as the Obsidian Frontier Campaign, but with different players and a different cast of characters.
It is the Common Year 515 and the Poor March is a broken land. Its smashed defenses are now overrun by hordes of orcs and goblins, infested with monsters, and teeming with threats arcane and mundane.
Hope has fled the peninsula, but vengeance has returned to take its place. The Griffins Guild, an adventuring guild once of the Free City of Irongate in Onnwall, left their comfortable home to establish a beachhead on the Poor March.
The result of their good work is the city of Obsidian Bay, a small town of 3,500 people that contains an contentious mix of adventurers, mercenaries, tradespeople, and refuges.
Our heroes are the latest immigrants to Obsidian Bay. Some seek fortune, others freedom, still others to embrace a doomed destiny. All must find some way to survive in a land where the light of civilization has gone out.
The campaign is active.
Cast of Characters
- Aoth, human fighter (Charles)
- Alandriuhl Dinavano, wood elf rogue (Nate)
- Erdan Iphelkar (Tim)
- female druid/ranger (Liz)
- Morgrim, male hill dwarf cleric of Pelor (Friz)
- Malachite Copperhelm, female hill dwarf cleric of Heironeous (Morgan)
- Sai Naïlo, male wood elf monk (Rich)
New characters should be of appropriate level (as indicated by the DM), built using the 5E standard point buy, and use the standard starting gold and equipment as laid out in the 5E rulebook.
- Read the Broken Land Sagas.
- Read the Broken Land Timeline.
- View the Broken Land Primer.
- Obsidian Bay City, CY 515.
- Broken Land XP
- The Pomarj: Wikipedia's entry on the Pomarj. It includes a historical overview of the peninsula.
- Anna B. Meyer's Greyhawk Maps: High-res maps of the World of Greyhawk