Spellbook of Vatharis
From The Griffin's Crier
The Spellbook of Vatharis is a primer on oozes and slimes, including how to breed them, how to contain them, how to kill them, and how to derive magic from them.
- Acid Spray: Range: ?; Orb deals 1d3 acid damage.
- Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
- Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
- Ghost Sounds: Creates figment sounds
- Mage Hand: 5 lb. telekinesis
- Touch of Fatigue: Touch attack fatigues target.
- Mucus Spray: Range: 15 ft; Area: 15 ft; Duration: Instant (daze 1 round); Saving throw: Reflex half; Spell resistance: Yes; The caster sprays a fine mist of poisonous mucus. The mucus is acidic and has psychedelic properties. * The mucas does 1d4 hp acid damage per caster level [4d4+4]. In addition, a failed save leaves the target dazed for one round.
- Oozy Transparency*: Range: touch; Target: one non-ooze creature; Duration: 1 minute/level [4 minutes]; Saving Throw: None (Will); Spell resistance: None; This spell renders the flesh, clothing and gear of a creature transparent, inflicting a -8 to Perception checks to locate the creature. The penalty increases to -10 if the creature remains perfectly still.
- Mage Armor: Grants a +4 armor bonus.
- Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.
- Acid Arrow: Range: 400 ft + 40 feet/level; Saving throw: None; Spell Resistance: No. Ranged touch attack; 2d4 damage for 1 round + 1 round.