Dark City Primer
From The Griffin's Crier
Return to the Dark City Campaign
- Maurgiir, arcane master to Corash
- Saheed Darksteel, arcane master to Vargas
- Promethean Steelbrand, merchant ally of Prug the Thrice Risen and Gruffudd Castlemaine; owner of Steelbrand Trading Company
- The Entertainer, An infamous individual with ties to the Dark Circle. During the Occupation of Obsidian Bay, "The Entertainer" was notorious for the depraved, cruel and sadistic past times he provided to the Dark Circle as they ruled over the fallen city.
- Lady Zinora, a Wee Jas devotee with a private shrine and mentor to Sir Krovacar Fawkes.
- Belgold Pegason, friend of Lady Zinora, and expert in the psionic.
- Koronia Sethowen, leads the covert contingent of the Maidens of the Shield. Kerth's contact.
- Acrak the Horse Dealer
- Sir Erogin Wardare, Knight of the Fist, lord of Wardare Tower.
- Jason Aldern, a brother in the Church of Pelor. The heroes consulted him about darkmantles they encountered in the Sidewinder Pass.s
- Dareth, a guard at the March Gate.
- Dorsin, a junior member of the Sewer Workers Guild.
- Grünhorn, a dwarven expert hired by Vargas to provide much-needed engineering and dungeoneering knowledge on the Sidewinder Pass expedition.
- Adrick Starcloak, Master of Apprentices for the Guild of Wizardry
- Lord Orman, a lord whose household staff were turned into monkeys by the Cartographers. He is friendly to the heroes, since they successfully recovered the polymorphed servants.
- Wenti, a member of the Alchemists Guild
- Sergeant Edwin, A guard tasked with the unfortunate job of leading night patrols in the Mudsitters District.
- Broden the Quick and Kosen the Fat, would be squires to Sir Fawkes. Fawkes coerced them to join the military, stating they would be worthy to serve him when they return.
- Coral Cove: A small fishing community located on the southern short of the Great Southern Plain of the Pomarj. The Dark City heroes saved the village from attack by mutated lobstrocities in Harvester 591.
- Empire of Shadow: An unknown, mysterious subterrean kingdom ruled by the "Shadow Lords". The adventurers first heard of it when interograting kobolds during the Sidewinder Pass expedition.
- Bear Claw Taxidermy: Taxidermist shop in the Strange Quarter.
- Burning Oak Forge: Magical weapons shop in the Adventurers Quarter.
- The Bouncing Elf: An inn in the Shield District where anti-elf sentiment runs high. It's presently the hideout of Largo Leftpocket.
- Broken Shield Inn: A rundown inn in the Mudsitters District.
- The Diamond Unicorn Inn: An upscale inn favored by merchants.
- The Restful Hero Inn: Also known as the Hero's Rest Inn, this inn caters to the city's adventuring class.
- The Dragon's Chicken Tavern: An inn in the Strange Quarter frequented by Corash.
- Dagger Down Tavern
- Fires of Brass Foundry: A magical forgery in Irontown.
- Fire-eaters Inn: A Strange Quarter Inn that's often home to Thom Silverbow and his performances.
- Temple of Zodal: A frequent ally of the heroes, and occasional refuge of Prug the Thrice Risen.
- Silver Palace: A restaurant and gambling establishement occasionally visited by Vargas.
- Falling Princess Inn: Located near the Amble Theatre in the High Quarter, this inn cators to the theatre crowd, particularly the actors and upper class patrons of the arts.
- Drunken Fly Tavern: A Mudsitters District dive.
- Obsidian Temple of the Earth Dragon: The Followers' temple in Obsidian Bay.
- Messengers Guildhall: home of the messengers guild.
- Roots and Remedies: Herbalist shop and make-shift hospital in the mudsitters district.
- The Emerald Mermaid: One of the Sunken Hammer Guild's exploratory ships.
Tribes & Gangs
- Bleeding Eye Clan: A mystical band of orcs who followed a leader who wielded the Bleeding Eye of Thaggurth. Much of the clan was decimated in Patchwall 591 when they sent their warriors to avenge their chieftan's death at the hands of Sir Erogin Wardare, Knight of the Fist.
- Rusty Axes: A crazed band of murderers who worshipped Erythnul, god of slaughter. They were broken by the Dark City heroes in Goodmonth 591.
- The Breakers: The Breakers one of Obsidian Bay's more elusive gangs, specializing in descrete physical threats, shakedowns, and protection rackets. Agents of the Breakers attacked Prug in Harvester 591.
- Brainsmashers Gang: A coachroach-like gang thought destroyed by the Blackrazors. It has since reappeared, and started operating in the Docks. It's present leader is a man named Turin.
- The Cartographers: A group of pranksters operating in Obsidian Bay.
- The Undreamers: A crazed cult trying to plunge Obsidian Bay into the Far Realm.
- Followers of the Earth Dragon: The Earth Dragon is and always was. An elemental spirit of immense power bound to the heart of the Drachensgrabs, the Earth Dragon is as old of the mountains, and has been worshiped on the Pomarj for countless centuries. Now the ancient faith is undergoing a resurgence in the cities of Obsidian Bay and Blue.
- Maidens of the Shield: A newly formed group of female warriors who worship the goddess Mayaheine. Actively aiding the downtrodden in the Mudsitters District. Also investigating potential "brainwashing" from the Earth Dragon Cult.
- Messengers Guild: A guild trying to strong-arm a monopoly on deliveries in Obsidian Bay.
- Couriers Association: Officially known as the Association of Independent Couriers, the Couriers Association (or more simply "the Couriers") is a small group of letter carriers who've banded together to oppose the monopolistic impulses of the much larger Messengers Guild.
- Followers of the Silver Flame: A covert force for good being organized by Promethean Steelbrand, owner of Steelbrand Trading Co. and a man who feels that the evil lurking within Obsidian Bay must be fought.