Maure Castle Campaign
Maure Castle is a sub-campaign of our long-running Blackrazor Campaign. It takes place beneath the ruins of Maure Castle, an ancient fortress built long ago by the Scions of the Maures, a powerfully arcane family who traced their line back to the Suel Imperium.
The campaign is based almost entirely on the super-module "Maure Castle" from Dungeon #112 by Robert J. Kuntz and Gary Gygax.
The campaign features main of the "B Team" and "C Team" characters from the Blackrazor Guild Campaign, as well as survivors of the Return to Temple of Elemental Evil, as detailed in earlier Blackrazor spin-off campaign, the Redshirts Campaign
Maure Castle is one of our back-up campaigns, played when we don't have enough players for one of the regular campaigns or if a given week's plans fall apart and we need something else to run. As such, the campaign advances sporadically, though we do occasionally get the dungeon-crawling bug and play it for several sessions in a row.
Cast of Characters
Due to the high potential for treasure, but equally huge risk, the Maure Castle Campaign was a revolving door of characters. As this delve was sponsored by the Blackrazor Guild, most of the characters were guild members. However it also included their allies, those seeking to join for their own goals, and even a few lost souls rescued from the Castle by the Blackrazors.
- Aethelwin, mage
- Andulf Truedeath, leader of the undead-destroying Final Rest Guild
- Fallis, wizard and master of magic
- Fonteyn Buckthorn, halfling mage
- Hogarth Middenfeldt, rogue and dwarf-friend.
- Jakob Dworkin, worshiper of Dalt, god of doors and portals
- Jonas, Quick-bladed fighter.
- Korem Luskur, human cleric, Chosen Blade of Kelanen
- MacEntyre, occult slayer
- Thorin Shieldbiter, veteran dwarven warrior
- Alistair, human wizard/loremaster
- Charybdis, cleric/rogue
- Gaiseric, human rogue
- Giles Andirius, shadowbane inquisitor
- Ian, human ranger
- Rex, human fighter
- Sven Kildare, the curmudgeonly terramancer
- Shamus, the wizard "monk"
- Silas Dunharrow, the adventuring explorer
- Willum, human cleric of Pelor
- Osgood, warrior follower of Pelor
New characters should be 13th level, build using a 30 point buy, and use the standard starting gold and magic item restrictions as outlined in Starting Wealth Guidelines.
The Blackrazors have conducted a series of hit-and-run investigations of Maure Castle, slaying the defenders found on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels (though the Terrible Iron Golem remains on the first floor, and the powerfully strange Purple Stone lurks on the second). They have just destroyed the Cult of Kerzit on the 3rd level of the dungeon, and have retreated to their new guild hall in Seltaren in the Duchy of Urnst to rest, recover ... and prepare to venture into the 4th level of the complex.