Dark City Timeline
This timeline summarizes events that have taken place in the Dark City Campaign. It includes hero, city, domain and even world events where appropriate. Where possible, references to specific sagas are included. For a complete list of Dark City adventures, check out the saga page
- 1 Goodmonth CY 591
- 2 Harvester CY 591
- 3 Brewfest, CY 591
- 4 Patchwall, CY 591
- 5 Ready'reat CY 591
- 6 References
Goodmonth CY 591
- A half-dozen strangers arrive in Obsidian Bay, each seeking their own path to adventure. 
- The Rusty Axes terrorize the Mudsitters District. A group of heroes rises to fight them, consisting of Prug, Gruffudd Castlemaine, Absalom, Largo Leftpocket, Vargas of Ralsand, Corash and Thom Silverbow 
- The long-lost Sidewinder Pass is rediscovered by the Dark City heroes, who launch an expedition to explore it. 
- Sidewinder Pass expedition ends prematurely. 
Harvester CY 591
- Prug is attacked and nealy killed by a group of enforcers known only as the Breakers. 
- News reaches Obsidian Bay of mutant crustations known as "lobstrocities" attacking the coastal community of Coral Cove. 
- Prug and his allies confront the Breakers. They spring an ambush, then capture the Breaker known as Tornelious Mudd, who was the leader of this particular group (known as "The Mudd Squad"). He confesses he is part of a larger Breaker gang led by a man named Terminus. 
- A band of heros travel to Coral Cove to defeat the mutant lobsters attacking the town. The band consists of Prug, "Dirty" Salsar, Corash, Absalom, Largo Leftpocket, Gruffudd Castlemaine and Thom Silverbow 
- On their way back from Coral Cove, the heroes investigate the doomed merchant vessel, The Emperor of the Waves.
- Riots breakout in Obsidian Bay over the city guard's inability to put down a resurgent Rusty Axes Gang, which has been murdering poor people throughout the city's districts.
- The Dark City Heroes once again fight the Rusty Axes Gang, this time defeating their leader.
- Tells tales of a fire-breathing monkey in the High Quarter, as well as a 20-foot plum tree in the high quarter dropping purplish fruit spread throughout the ciy.
- A terrifying pumpkin man haunts Darkdweomer End while evil extraplanar entities hunt the nighttime streets for victims. 
- Absalom heads to the Library, where he uncover a journal written by Khorora Seabeard, a sage who spent years researching the aquatic elves of the Azure Sea. In it, he discusses an ancient legend about a demon named Ylerys. 
- A mage polymorphed into a monkey by the practical joking Cartographers causes chaos in the Strange Quarter with a rod of wonder. 
- A tentacled Aberration child is born in Mudsitters District to a follower of the Earth Dragon. Kerth Greenfield and Prug witness the birth.
- The elven mage Corash acquires a ghostly hand from the artificer Esseni.
- Salsar and Wulfstan Turoc form the mercenary association known as the Persuaders Guild 
- Vargas joins the Guild of Wizardry
- Gruffudd is sought out at Fireeaters by Gilidan Treesword, master of the Golden Swordsman Academy. 
- Wind and Vargas join the Temple of the Earth Dragon in an attempt to learn more about the cult and its connection to the tentacled child.
- Tentacled child is abducted by forces unknown.
- Sir Erogin Wardare leads a contingent of Knights of the Fist into the orcish land to fight the Bloody Eye Clan in the Foothills of the Drachensgrabs.
- Messengers Guild Ordo pressures independent contractors to fold or join the guild. Persuaders Guild hired to do some of the work.
- Earth Dragons take to streets, claiming Pelorites worked with Wizards Guild to steal child.
- Absalom tells Dark City adventurers about the Cult of Ylerys, an aquatic demon believed imprisoned in the Azure Sea.
- Led by Absalom, the heroes investigate a poisoned well in the Mudsitter's District. They are attacted by strange mutant creatures who use a previously unknown form of magic during the assault.
- A large whirlpool appears off The Docks. Curiously, it only lasts a few minutes, and does no apparent damage.
- Wind and Salsar attempt to "persuade" Ordo, the leader of the Messengers Guild. Unimpressed, the guildmaster and his ogre bodyguard kill the interlopers. Their tongues are nailed to the door of the Dagger Down Tavern; their heads were delivered to Persuaders Guild leader Wulfstan Turoc, who promptly fled the city with the surviving guild members.
- Investigation of the poisoned well by the Church of Pelor reveals it can be purified using the tongue of a naga.Cite error: Closing
- Gruffud and Thom investigate reports of gnomes who badly beaten up investigating the UnderOerth in their quest to find a naga tongue to cure the poisoned well in the Mudsitters District. They learn that a naga is believed to live in an old kobold lair south of the city, in a stretch of the UnderOerth known as The Great Southern Arc.
Brewfest, CY 591
- Fueled by Brewfest ale, drunken revelers turn violent, torching a Wharf District building and protesting against the "Common Draft" for the army. Lodging is tight; nightly lodging and food cost increased by 25%.
- Golden Swordsman Academy sponsors fencing competition at Amble Theatre. 1st prize: 100 gp; 2nd: 50; 3rd: 25. Gruffudd wins the competition.
- The Naga Expedition leaves, consisting of Thom Silverbow, Gruffudd Castlemaine, Kerth Greenfield, Absalom, and Corash. They are joined by the Goldseekers Guild trapfinder Thargo.
- Three Messengers turn up dead on streets near their Guild Hall, drowned in mud. Rumor has it that Earth Dragon followers killed them in revenge for the slaying of their newest recruits, Wind and Salsar.
- Brauenmarkt (potion market) held at Guild of Wizardry Compound
- Rauford/Hawkmas duel fought at Drake Lake Pier.
- A chimera attacks the Domain town of Darson's Culvert. 
- Sir Krovacar Fawkes arrives in Darson's Culvert to hunt and fight the chimera. He subsequently joins the Naga Expedition, which passes through down and helps fight the monster. 
- Band of acrobat-thieves reported operating among rooftops in Obsidian Bay.
- Corin Trithereonite vigilantism is allegedly on the rise in reaction to a mini-crime wave sparked by distracted city guard
- Brewfest Massacre at Blackrock Village on inner frontier of the Domain of Obsidian Bay; 70 people killed.
Patchwall, CY 591
- Captain of the Earth Dragon's Temple Guard murdered by unknown individual.
- A tentacled monster appears near the docks. Before the navy can fully rally to fight off the beast, it returns to whence it came.
- Naga Expedition arrives at the Southern Arc.
- Corin's Tritheronites come to blows with Earth Dragons near Strange Quarter.
- Starfire Guild leads strike on Fury Bay; destroys docks and three orc galleys there.
- Cairn Hills Adventuring Company disappears in the Wharf District.
- The Naga is slain in the kobold lair, and her tongue is taken as a cure for the poisoned well in the Mudsitters District.Cite error: Closing
- Green Griffon Inn announces Skyborn Racing (giant eagles, wyvrens, etc.) starting on the 14th.
- Strange abberation seen in the sewers beneath the Strange Quarter. Corash and Calarindel investigate and discover a tentacled horror and a strange otherwordly portal. They fend off the creature, and return to the streets above.
- One member of the "Flying Aces" acrobat-thieves caught after falling from High Quarter roof and breaking leg.
- Bounty offered for heads of Bleeding Eye Tribe orcs who have been attacking towns on the northern frontier of Obsidian Bay's domain. A team of heroes decided to take the bounty, including Corash, Thom Silverbow, Sir Krovacar Fawkes and Gerran, a wandering priest of Fharlanghn. 
- Sir Fawkes acquires two would-be squires, Broden the Quick and Kosen the Fat, who followed him out of the city when he left to investigate the attacks by the Bleeding Eye Tribe. 
- Yellow Sails pirates take an Obsidian Bay trader sailing for Gradsul.
- Prospectors have several new iron mining sites in the Drachensgrabs near Brantis Hold. Unfortunately they were attacked by strange ghouls in the hills on their way out.
- Twoham is attacked by Bloody Eye orcs, but the Dark City heroes repel them. 
- Fallen "Flying Axe" placed in public stock.
- Independent messengers start banding together to resist guild. Couriers Association forms; street fights start breaking out between factions.
- Skyborn Racing sponsored by Green Griffin Inn begins; runs through Patchwall.
- Sahuagin are raiding ships again, not far from the old sunken Tharizdun temple.
- The Bloody Eye raiders are defeated, and Sir Erogin Wardare is freed of his posession by an insane elven ghost.
- A new well is found contaminated, this time just outside the city. Called "The Black Scour Taint", it seems to have little to do with the mutant cultists of Ylergs though.
- Copper shipment arrives from Mogelsville. Prices down 10%.
- The Dark City heroes return from Sir Wardare's Tower.
- Prug the Thrice Risen and his occasional adventuring cohort Gruffudd Castlemaine receive a mysterious summons to meet a merchant named Promethean Steelbrand.
- A group of adventurers leaves to track down the components of a potion to fix the latest poisoned well. They are comprised of Seamus Fisher, Erithacus, Christoph, and Gorrock Headspliter.
- A second group of adventures is dispatched to find the first. They are comprised of Ferdiad, Zilanderan and Garth, who find the original party.
- Giant centipedes proving to be a surprisingly popular meal at the Stone Goblin Inn.
- Invincibles Guild leads attack on Grummush's Spear, 300 orcs killed, badly injuring and killing several guild members.
- Herald of the Drowned Demon begins prophesying his emergence from beneath the waves
- Word is Inn of the Black Hart needs a supply of venison laid in for the winter; the owner (and primary hunter) was killed by a boar; his widow needs help.
- The Black Scour Taint is cured.
- Captain Guilard and the crew of the Leaky Leaper fight off a monstrous lobster. They retain a claw they cut off in the process. The ship then returns to Obsidian Bay for repairs.
Ready'reat CY 591
- Reports from the Wharf District say people are having their faces eaten off by "bags". A local group of adventurers including Gruffudd Castlemaine, Sir Krovacar Fawkes, Corash, and Thom Silverbow destroy the menace.
- A ship with yellow sails comes into The Docks. The city shuts down the docks for the better part of a day. Turns out the ship was under an the guise of an illusion. Thought to be a poor joke by the Cartographers.
- The Rusty Axes
- The Sidewinder Pass, Part 1
- The Sidewinder Pass, Part 2
- Scarred and Tattooed
- The Breakers
- The Horror at Coral Bend
- The Last of the Emperor
- Farewell to Kings
- When Fire-Breathing Monkeys Attack
- A Night in the Strange Quarter
- Source The Horror at the Fountain
- When Monkeys Attack, Part 2
- Free Days, Dark Nights
- The Horror at the Fountain
- Attack of the Messengers
- The Return of the Entertainer
- The Southern Arc, Part 1
- The Southern Arc, Part 2
- The Storm Rising
- The Bleeding Eye, Part 1
- The Bleeding Eye, Part 2
- The Bleeding Eye, Part 3
- Adventurers Wanted
- Adventurers Wanted (Again)
- Murky Portents
- Lighting the Silver Flame