Obsidian Bay is home to the Blackrazor Guild, and thus the center of many of the adventures detailed on the Griff Wiki. Over the course of the years the city has grown more detailed, including different eras of the city. See the specific era for more details.
The city was founded by the Griffins Guild in an attempt to tame the Pomarj. They saw it as their personal mission to bring civilization back to the region after the Hateful Wars forced countless humanoids to overrun the peninsula. Originally the guild called the site Griffins Landing. However the city became a draw for adventurers after the discovery of the Obsidian Maze. The mass influx of people kept calling the settlement Obsidian Bay after the volcanic sands that cover the beaches there. Eventually the name stuck.
Throughout it's history the city would continue to be known for it's numerous adventuring guilds.
- Obsidian Bay, CY 515: The Frontier Era, shortly after the founding.
- Obsidian Bay, CY 591: The Pre-flood Era, also the main era for most of the sagas including the Blackrazor Campaign and the Dark City Campaign.
- Obsidian Bay, CY 598: The Post-flood Era, while the flood may have changed the city interior, the end of Turrosh Mak changed the exterior.
- Obsidian Bay, CY 650: The Future Era, to be detailed once the 5E campaign gets going.
Obsidian Bay is a home-grown city created in the world of Greyhawk. It was created as a successor of sorts to GM NukeHavoc's college campaign at Lock Haven University. The city was located on the Pomarj peninsula, which according to the Living Greyhawk was overrun with various humanoids.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Obsidian Bay"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 386 total.(previous 200) (next 200)
Media in category "Obsidian Bay"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- High Quarter thumb.jpg
- Obsidian Bay-labeled.jpg
- Mudsitters District.jpg
- OB Rough.jpg
- Obsidian Bay 515.png
- Obsidian Bay handmade.jpg
- Obsidian Bay-street.jpg
- The Docks thumb.jpg
- The Docks.jpg
- The Pomarj.FCW
- Wharf District thumb.jpg